[erlang-questions] Status of kqueue on FreeBSD

Rickard Green rickard.s.green@REDACTED
Thu Apr 19 15:21:49 CEST 2007

Alex Arnon wrote:
> Hi Rickard,
>
> Is there also such problem on OpenBSD or NetBSD? Or can I safely use
> kqueue on those platforms?

We haven't had any problems with kqueue on OpenBSD in our daily builds.
For NetBSD I cannot give you an answer, since we haven't got any NetBSD
daily build machines.

> In any case, is there an alternative option?

Using poll/select is of course an alternative, but no other kernel-poll
alternative (our configure test is written to prefer /dev/poll and
epoll, but those interfaces will probably not be present).

BR,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB.