[erlang-questions] Blog article on our reasons for moving to erlang.

Mazen mazen@REDACTED
Thu Apr 19 13:37:23 CEST 2007

When you continue in the next post, you should include _how_ you used Erlang. Personally I think it is great that you achieve great reliability using Erlang but you could also use Erlang in the most crapy way as well and achieve... well... no reliability (YES believe it or not! :P)

So in other words...  when you tell us if Erlang lived up to your expectations, let us know how and in which parts it was used. Looking forward to it, I think the idea is great! No more pisky comments about "But this is in powerpoint!, I can't read that!" :)

/Mazen

Guest wrote:
Hi All,
We are a recent startup from the Bay Area that launched a service that tries to bridge PowerPoint and Web 2.0,
making it easy to collaborate, distribute, and utilize PowerPoint in a group context. We recently started blogging,
and some of our blog posts are going to be on why we chose Erlang in a startup context.
We would love any thoughts/comments/feedback from Erlang users..

Our first blog post on this is entitled: From Python to Ruby on Rails to Erlang..

http://slideaware.typepad.com/slideaware/2007/04/from_python_to_.html (http://slideaware.typepad.com/slideaware/2007/04/from_python_to_.html)

In the next few weeks we plan to write up more articles, as well as release some erlang code that
could (hopefully!) be useful to others.

I apologize if this is considered off-topic/advertising. Our intent here is to help others realize that
Erlang is a source of competitive advantage to startups, especially in the web  2.0 context
(concurrency for us is more important than latency).

Regards,
Vijay

 Post recived from mailinglist
(end of quote)