[erlang-questions] New tutorial about server clustering

Christoph Dornheim cd5@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 18:57:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have just added a tutorial "A framework for clustering
generic server instances" to trapexit.org that can be found at

http://wiki.trapexit.org/index.php/Category:HowTo

It describes and presents a module (in fact, a behaviour) that
I have written for running servers in a cluster to increase
availability. The key idea is to run several servers simultaneously
one of which is the primary server while the others are only background
servers waiting to become the primary one when the current primary server
fails.

Any comments or ideas for improvements are welcome!

BTW, I tried to upload the source files to trapexit, but my files ending
with '.erl' are rejected. However, copy-paste will do fine if you want to
use the module.

Best regards,

Christoph