[erlang-questions] Newbie question--workers starting supervisors

Adam Lindberg adam@REDACTED
Tue Apr 17 17:18:03 CEST 2007

Hi Edmund!

Yes, I would say it's OTPish to do that. You'd have to have a listener
for these external events, such as a gen server.

You can start new children for your supervisor, which can in turn be
other supervisors. You would do that with a function in your top
supervisor module which calls the start_child(SupRef, ChildSpec)
function in the supervisor module. You can then, from your other
modules call, for example, myTopSupervisor:add_new_sup(), which will
call start child with a supervisors child specification.

Cheers!
Adam