[erlang-questions] erlang soap interoperability?

Willem de Jong w.a.de.jong@REDACTED
Mon Apr 9 21:29:57 CEST 2007

Hi Bryan,

What would Erlang - SOAP interoperability mean exactly?

The standard Erlang distribution does not contain a SOAP library. I am aware
of 2 'user contributions' that implement some kind of support for SOAP:

- erlsoap, by Erik Reitsma (I think), modified by Anton Fedorov.

- soap support for YAWS, implemented by Tobbe and me (part of the YAWS
distribution).

The YAWS based contribution consists of functions for the server side (using
YAWS) and the client side. The intention was to cover basic profile 1.1. In
practice I believe that the current version will work pretty well if you use
'document-literal' binding and HTTP transport and if the WSDL consists of 1
part (no wsdl-imports - there may be imports in the type definitions -
xsd-imports and -includes).

I am sure that there are quite a few other limitiations, and it would be
useful to have some feedback. What would you expect to see?

Regards,
Willem