[erlang-questions] Escript

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Mon Apr 2 10:24:35 CEST 2007

On 2007-03-30 18:24, Julian Fondren wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED> wrote:
>> it it possible to get the name of the script when using escript?
>
> escript throws it away:
>
>  start([_|X]) ->
>      X0 = map(fun(I) -> binary_to_list(I) end, X),
>      [_,File|Args] = X0,
>      ___,

1 this is not the escript in R11B-4, but yes the file name is removed
from the arguments in R11B-4, too. that was why i wanted to get hold of
it some other way.
2 the answer is: use init:get_plain_arguments(). like this:

#! /tmp/erlang/bin/escript

main(_) ->
	[Script_name|_T] = init:get_plain_arguments(),
	io:fwrite("~s~n", [Script_name]).

i would have prefered to have the script as the first argument (like in
my patches) but this works.

bengt
--
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides