[erlang-questions] Start module

Lennart Ohman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Sun Apr 1 19:33:17 CEST 2007

Hi Fredrik,
I am not sure if I now answer something in the middle of a
thread, but unless you have done something to your Erlang
system, modules are automatically loaded on demand. The l/1
shell function you are referring to is only necessary if you
want to reload the module (like after you have a bew better
version available).

If reloading modules in runtime *is* what you want to do and
you want it to be done in som "automagic" way, you need to
look at the API of 'code'. What you will be doing in that case
is actually building a kind of release handler, and requires
understanding of the new/old code concepts.

Best Regards

Lennart

Lennart Ohman                   office  : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjoland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 67 35
Hälsingegatan 43, 10tr          fax     : +46-8-667 82 30
SE-113 31, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN    email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED