[erlang-questions] Binary/term format

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery@REDACTED
Tue Sep 26 13:40:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

If I have a mix of nodes, some C nodes using binary format (ei.lib) and other native erlang nodes using term format then...

If I am sending a message between two C node that goes via an erlang node can I just pass the binary format message through without worrying about its format (it may also be transferred between two processes in the same erlang node as well, but neither needs to look inside it.

Second, can I determine the format at run time so when I need to consume a message I know whether to do a conversion on it.

Thanks
Bob