[erlang-questions] erlang in China

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Mon Sep 25 13:26:52 CEST 2006

FYI, we are seeing some growth for erlang in China.
See the new google group.   http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-
china/browse_frm/thread/808ea8ce103221c6/e1213ef61015a580%
23e1213ef61015a580
I don't know who started this group, so there is more uptake than I
have my hands around.

I know of one Beijing company, two Shanghai companies and one
Hangzhou company doing erlang work (real internal R&D not outsourced
IT),

This past Sunday, I gave a talk at barCamp Shanghai
barcampshanghai.org.  My topic was comparing software architecture
tradeoffs.  We talked about java and ruby based webapps in comparison
to erlang.   There were about 40 persons at the presentation.

regards,
ke han