[erlang-questions] gen_tcp question

Joe Armstrong (TN/EAB) joe.armstrong@REDACTED
Mon Sep 18 09:54:37 CEST 2006

Hi Sean,

Your assumption is correct - I did read the manual first
and Jani answered a question that I had not asked.

My origonal example opened the socket in active mode,
and I'm not using gen_tcp:recv to receive data at all
so the behaviour of recv is irrelevant.

>From what's been said here, it seems I should be setting
active=false and using recv, rather than doing things the way I was
doing
them.

Why all the questions:? I'm writing THE book (at last) this
means you'll just have to put up with loads of very detailed
questions. This is because when I say in the book

   " so and so works like this ..."

I want it to be correct

/Joe