[erlang-questions] gen_tcp question

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 15:46:07 CEST 2006

On 14 Sep 2006, at 14:32, Jani Hakala wrote:

> "Joe Armstrong (TN/EAB)" <joe.armstrong@REDACTED> writes:
>
>> The behaviour appears not to be documented
>>
> Meaning of {packet,N} is explained in man inet, inet:setopts
> The behaviour of gen_tcp:recv is explained in man gen_tcp

Well observed!

My assumption (there we go again) was that Joe must have read the
documentation in order to have discover the existence of {packet, N},
but found it lacking. Reading the page more carefully now it is clear
that it does specify the behaviour.

Where you perchance peeking under the hood to discover this option
Joe ? :-)

Sean