[erlang-questions] Installing Erlang/OTP R11B-1 on Xubuntu laptop

Gerd Flaig gefla@REDACTED
Mon Sep 18 09:43:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

"vladdu" <vladdu55@REDACTED> writes:

> There is an erlang distribution for Ubuntu, but I'm not sure how new
> it is (it may be R10). I think it's to be found in the 'universe' -
> just serch for erlang in synaptic.
>
> There is a private newer distribution, but last I checked it was only
> a Debian package (meaning it would need manual setup).

for those who like packages, it's also possible to compile the Debian
sid Erlang source package. I did that in a clean Ubuntu 6.01.1 chroot
and put the result in my private repository. The source.list line is:

   deb http://nxdomain.org/ubuntu dapper/

Contents right now:

   erlang-x11 erlang-nox erlang-src erlang-examples erlang-mode erlang
   erlang-base erlang-dev erlang-base-hipe erlang-doc-html
   erlang-manpages (all packages have version 11.b.1-1,
   i.e. Erlang/OTP version R11B-1)

      Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first.
                -- Blaise Pascal