[erlang-questions] constructing binaries question

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 21:47:20 CEST 2006

hi,

I'm writing some code to construct a binary SQL statement from some
parameters (table name, field names, field values, etc). I'm not sure
if I should iteratively add more chunks to a binary representing the
statement, or if I should build the statement from a list of strings
and then call list_to_binary at the end. What's the rule of thumb for
working with binaries as opposed to lists in such a scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Yariv