[erlang-questions] Package Support/Use

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Oct 30 23:07:54 CET 2006

Guys,

  Why aren't packages used more often? They have been in the language
for more than three years or so now. All of the tools bugs that I
found when I first evaluated them seem to be resolved. Very little of
the FOSS code I see uses them and none of the OTP code. Although, I do
hear rumblings from individuals that they use them. I do see quite a
lot of <prefix>_ style code. This is semantically equivalent to
packages so why not just use packages? This is mostly a bit of
curiosity on my part. I have started using packages again and found it
to be pretty useful and I just wonder about other peoples experiences.

Thanks,
 Eric