Language Bindings for Erlang

Jeff Crane jefcrane@REDACTED
Sun May 28 02:14:31 CEST 2006

When I readied and compiled the Port example from the
interoperability tutorial, on windows XP, I am getting
strange consistent results.

// From the interoperability port tutorial
// read: example problem, it's just foo() and bar()
complex.c

port.c
erl_comm.c

// all compile with (MinGW)
gcc -o extprg complex.c erl_comm.c port.c

1>c(complex1.erl).
2> complex1:start("extprg").
<0.41.0>
3> complex1:foo(3).
4
4> complex1:bar(4).
8
5> complex1:bar(6).
12
6> complex1:bar(5).
13
---
I'm sorry, 13???
Next call to anything foo or bar hangs the client.
This is ONLY true for 5. Not 10,15,20. Can someone
explain why this is? The tutorial doesn't cover it.