Mnesia and additional indexes: a cautionary tale

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Mar 30 11:23:31 CEST 2006

The indexes in rdbms are first-class tables, and all index updates are
performed within a transaction context. Thus, solving the partitioned
network problem will be done in roughly the same way (I assume you mean
setting master nodes?)

There is (more or less) also a rebuild_indexes(Tab) function, using a
mnesia_recover. It's mainly used for adding indexes to existing tables
and populating them within the scope of a schema transaction.

One can also, of course, break the abstraction and simply clobber the
rdbms indexes and rebuild them by hand (by bypassing the wrapper
functions in rdbms). I could make this a bit simpler and clearly
documented, if it's deemed necessary.

BR,
Ulf W