About Erlang system nodes

Renyi Xiong rxiong@REDACTED
Tue Mar 28 02:34:18 CEST 2006

I just don't find any clues in otp source code that the primitive command "!" is related to the communication module selected through -proto_dist option.

I can sniff the ip packet to see what happens if we run erlang/mnesia over SSL.

Renyi.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: chandru
  To: Renyi Xiong
  Cc: tzheng@REDACTED ; erlang-questions@REDACTED
  Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 12:07 PM
  Subject: Re: About Erlang system nodes

  On 27/03/06, Renyi Xiong <rxiong@REDACTED> wrote:
    But I found if we run distributed erlang over SSL, it only affects those
    distributed command like spawn_link. It doesn't affect primitive command
    like message passing command - '!' which we concern about. Cause that means
    if we run distributed Mnesia, it doesn't automatically have encrypted
    communication between Mnesia nodes even if SSL is employed. Is that correct?

    Thanks a lot,
    Renyi.

  Hmm..I don't know about that. I never tried erlang dist over SSL. When you say you found out, how did you find out? Did you sniff the IP traffic between the nodes and successfully decode them?

  cheers
  Chandru