mnesia_frag, mnesia:restore, {aborted, nested_transaction}

Sanjaya Vitharana sanjaya@REDACTED
Tue Mar 7 08:12:15 CET 2006

Hi ... All,

Below transection failed with {aborted, nested_transaction} on fragmented table.

 RestoreFun = fun(DbRestoreFile) ->
  mnesia:restore(DbRestoreFile,[])
 end,

mnesia:activity(transaction, RestoreFun, [DBRestoreFileName], mnesia_frag)

------------------------
But .....

mnesia:restore(DBRestoreFileName,[])

works fine WITHOUT
mnesia:activity(transaction,...,mnesia_frag)

------------------------
I have used mnesia:activity(transaction,...,mnesia_frag) for all the transections on my fagmented table, even for mnesia:backup (as below)

 BackupFun = fun(DbBackupFile) ->
   mnesia:backup(DbBackupFile)
 end,

 case mnesia:activity(transaction, BackupFun, [DbBckFile], mnesia_frag) of

1.) so ...restoring WITHOUT mnesia:activity(transaction,...,mnesia_frag) will make any difference in this situation ??

2.) why in firstcase it gives {aborted, nested_transaction} ???? Can't we use the  mnesia:restore with mnesia:activity(transaction,..., mnesia_frag)  ???

Thanks in advance

Sanjaya Vitharana