lightweight Erlang with package management

Michael Leonhard michael206@REDACTED
Sun Jul 9 11:57:29 CEST 2006

I hope there would be an easy way to use erlrt as its own stand-alone
installation of Erlang.  I'm tired of having dependancies among
unrelated software on my systems.  Disk space is so cheap nowadays
that it's not worth the headache to share files among applications.  I
request that erlrt allow standalone installation, completely ignoring
any other Erlang installation.  Perhaps its scripts could even fix the
PATH variable before calling any Erlang programs to make sure that the
proper programs are used?

I'm looking forward to trying out erlrt later this summer.  I'd also
like to test any Windows versions.

-Michael
Michael Leonhard
michael206@REDACTED