marking functions as obsolete/deprecated

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Jan 23 10:43:16 CET 2006

Hi,

> It would be useful to somehow be able to instruct the
> compiler about obsolete functions (for example). For example,
> being able to pass the compiler the path to my projects
> equivalence of otp_internal.erl (or rather .beam).

An alternative would be to have a tool working in parallel with the
compiler and let it check this kind of things, a global linter. Another
useful similar thing would be to check that called external functions
are really exported from the respective module (and if they are, if they
are explicitly so, or through export_all).

This feature is of course planned for a future release of Erlide :-)

Regards,
Vlad