marking functions as obsolete/deprecated

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Mon Jan 23 10:33:58 CET 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 10:07, Lennart Ohman wrote:
> Hi,
> I believe the problem is that there is no compile-time linking
> of the modules. The compiler does not "follow" global calls
> to make sure they are "correct". That is why the obsolete
> attribute can only work with tools considering a set of modules,
> like xref does.

I'm sure that's the reason, but I was hoping there was some kind of
solution too ;).

It would be useful to somehow be able to instruct the compiler about
obsolete functions (for example). For example, being able to pass the
compiler the path to my projects equivalence of otp_internal.erl (or
rather .beam).

/Fredrik