AJAX and Yaws

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Fri Jan 20 13:04:40 CET 2006

Chris Double wrote:
>>Wouldn't the libs have to be coded in JavaScript and live on the client?
>

> An approach might be something like that taken by Ruby on Rails. This
> would involve Erlang code that is run on the web server (in a .yaws
> file for example) that generates the javascript. This is what the code
> in jungerl is doing iirc.

I'm using the 'js' library in jungerl, which basically is using the
prototype.js library (which is used by Ruby on Rails). It lets me do
various AJAX related things in an easy way.

I'm also using the 'yfront' library, which is an embryo for a
Web-app building toolbox. For example, it contains a blog plugin
that easily can be integrated into an existing Yaws/Mnesia application.
Since it is in jungerl, anyone is welcome to add good stuff to it.

And since I'm using erlmerge (heard this before... ?) it is easy to
keep up with new versions of the libraries.

Cheers, Tobbe