XML Schema support

Bertil Karlsson (AS/EAB) bertil.karlsson@REDACTED
Fri Jan 13 13:27:18 CET 2006

Hi Willem and others,
We have been planning support for XML Schema as part of the xmerl
application. Our plan is to release something at the latest in the
OTP-R11 release. So far I have been studying the standards and just
started on the implemenation. It would be nice to have some discussion
about this especially since there seems to be a user-contribution of a
schema validator. Maybe we could do some cooperation in the area of this
application.

/Bertil

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Willem de Jong
Sent: den 12 januari 2006 21:40
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: XML Schema support

Hi,

I am pleased that there seems to be some interest in my work, thanks for
the feedback. It was enough to convince me that, if I publish this, one
or two people will take the trouble to find out what it is and whether
they can use it.

I will try to prepare it for distribution: tie up some loose ends,
prepare some documentation etc. In the mean time I will think about the
way to publish it. I haven't made my mind up yet - I got the advise to
put it on Jungerl, but for some reason I don't get a clear picture of
what it is and how it is supposed to work. What would be the benefit of
putting it there (compared to, for example, a separate sourceforge
project ?)

It looks like the focus of my project is shifting from being an Erlang
trial to being an open source software project-trial... So I may take
the liberty to experiment a little bit (with sourceforge etc.).

All in all it will probably take a week or two (this is just a hobby
project - I have to work during the day...).

Regards,
Willem