A question about ERL

bobbyqiu@REDACTED bobbyqiu@REDACTED
Wed Jan 4 10:37:44 CET 2006

Hi all,

I am a new comer in the Erlang world. By looking at the following lines
on an Erlang shell, I have one question regarding Erlang.
Line 6 is not successful which says Hello is unbound. However, line 7 is
okay. I am thinking that 'unbound' means that the Erlang shell can't
determine the end of the string 'Hello'. But it is okay for string
'hello'.  Can't a string with capital letter be used in such case?

6> io:format("this is a test!~w~n",[Hello]).
** 1: variable 'Hello' is unbound **
7> io:format("this is a test!~w~n",[hello]).
this is a test!hello
ok
8>