Erlang & Hyperthreading

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Tue Feb 28 04:37:39 CET 2006

Hi,

Can I consider as its stable enough, even though a it'll not give a huge
performance gain? When will the P11B version be released officially?

Cheers,
- Eranga

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Bjorn Gustavsson
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 9:39 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: Erlang & Hyperthreading

We have named our snapshots badly.

There is not much difference between the P11B snapshots with "smp" in their
name and the ones without "smp". All P11B snapshots include the SMP support.
At times, the "smp" snapshot might be slightly more bleeding edge.
To avoid confusion, we will soon remove the snapshots named "smp".

The important thing is how you build. Run configure like this:

./configure --enable-smp-support --disable-lock-checking

(add any other flags you normally use; build as usual)

Don't expect huge performance gains, or any performance gains at all
for that matter. Almost all of our work so far has been focused on
stability.

/Bjorn