parallel programming survey results

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Tue Feb 21 17:48:33 CET 2006

Daniel Luna <daniel@REDACTED> writes:

> "At [insert mailing list THEY sent to] there are probably a lot of
> [insert programming language] programmers, so these figures cannot be
> taken too seriously."

I can sympathise with the surveyors. They seem to be interested in
parallel programming as in "using lots of hardware in parallel to
solve a problem" like SETI, CGI rendering farms, etc. I bet they got a
lot of responses from Erlang people writing internet servers & telecom
systems which are another kettle of fish entirely.

I don't think they did a very good job of spelling out what
applications they were interested in though.

Next you will be responding to functional programming surveys.. :-)