Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Mon Feb 20 14:15:29 CET 2006

Kostis Sagonas skrev:
> Bengt Kleberg wrote:
>  > On 2006-02-15 21:01, Claes Wikstrom wrote:
>  > ...deleted
>  > > 1. Strip down OTP and make a base package consisting
>  > >    or erts, compiler, stdlib and kernel.
>  >
>  > a good idea.
>
> So far, I have not read any extremely convincing arguments why
> doing this will make Erlang more popular or easy to adopt for
> serious project development. So I am not sure whether this is
> such a good idea as others think it is.

I forgot to add that I also wonder if it would make Erlang more popular,
but it would be easier to make stand-alone applications that don't
contain everything. It would also make it easier to build new
implementations as the dependencies become clearer. (and hopefully the
boot sequence)

Robert