wild and crazy idea?

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 09:46:19 CET 2006

> Of course, pattern matching is also a major feature in
> itself, although not specific to Erlang.
>
> I would also add unique assignment to variables, which
> prevents a lot of bugs.

Trying to reformulate my previous statement, what I mean is that it is
comparatively much easier to extend most programming languages to allow
new language constructs and semantics like functional behaviour/pattern
matching/single assignment/whatever, than it is to provide the kind of
environment that the ERTS provides for Erlang processes.

/Vlad