AJAX and Yaws (late followup)

Richard Cameron camster@REDACTED
Wed Feb 15 13:10:41 CET 2006

On 15 Feb 2006, at 10:52, Gordon Guthrie wrote:

> Yahoo has just open sourced (BSD license) a complete set of AJAX
> design
> patterns in javascript...
>
> http://developer.yahoo.net/ypatterns/index.php

There's also the "UI Library" released at the same time: <http://
developer.yahoo.net/yui/index.html>

It's a bunch of javascript code which abstracts away some of the more
painful browser-specific stuff into an "API". What looks of
particular interest is the "event utility" library <http://
developer.yahoo.net/yui/event/index.html>. For "javascript event" you
could read "erlang message" if you plugged it into something like
Chris Double's server push code <http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2005/11/
observers-erlang-and-server-push.html>.

At some point I've got to produce a little GUI tool to monitor an
internal application (it seems not everyone loves my approach of
having an erlang shell as the "control panel") and I'm quite tempted
to try to use something like this to push out status events rather
than trying to do it in gs.

Richard.