Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Tue Feb 14 22:33:12 CET 2006

Coincidentally, here's a note from Joel Reymont's blog, few weeks
before he decided to ditch Erlang for Lisp:

"I have reservations about applying Erlang to financial analysis and
some readers have pointed out that my focus on fault-tolerance is
overrated. I could write my translator in Erlang but would have no way
to give my prospects or customers a binary for a quick demo, I would
need to ask them to install the whole Erlang/OTP distribution as
there's no such thing as standalone Erlang."

http://wagerlabs.com/articles/2006/01/23/the-90-minute-scheme-to-c-compiler