case sensitivity for file api

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Feb 9 15:00:08 CET 2006

Hi

> f(L),L=filelib:wildcard("s*tcap*.erl").
>  > ["ss7_tcap.erl","ss7_tcap_subsystem.erl"]
>
> I would draw the exact opposite conclusion from the
> information you've given, i.e. that whatever mechanism
> filelib uses, it must be case _sensitive_. Which is exactly
> as per the filelib manpage.

Ouch, I should have tested with
	L=filelib:wildcard("s*cap*.erl").
Which gives the proper result... Sorry for the confusion.

My problem is that I can open a file from a network drive and read from
it. When saving it, however, the other files which only differ in
capitalization are being overwritten... I've checked not and it's the
same when using Emcas, so it's not an Erlang issue.

> Out of curiosity, how did you pick the hostname "EGILA003CTD0VFE"?

That was my nickname when I was a little boy :-)
No, the name is automatically assigned and I don't really want to be
associated with it ;-)

Regards,
Vlad