[erlang-questions] Unable to start ejabberd or use TCP/IP communication in erlang interpreter

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Dec 27 14:24:51 CET 2006

Hi,

In order to be able to find out the reason for this problem that has
been around for quite some time now I would like you to do the
following on the machine where the problem occurs:

Start a Erlang node plain non distributed Erlang node and perform the
following in the shell:

dbg:tracer().
dbg:p(all,c).
dbg:tp(inet,dbg:fun2ms(fun(_)->return_trace() end)).
dbg:tp(prim_inet,dbg:fun2ms(fun(_)->return_trace() end)).
dbg:tp(inet_config,dbg:fun2ms(fun(_)->return_trace() end)).

% then try gen_tcp:listen as before

gen_tcp:listen(0,[]).

% You will get some trace printouts in the shell that I would like to see.
% from these we will hopefully be able to locate or at least get closer to the
% actual problem

Regards Kenneth (Product Responsible for Erlang/OTP at Ericsson)