[erlang-questions] Unable to start ejabberd or use TCP/IP communication in erlang interpreter

Mikle sign1024_3@REDACTED
Tue Dec 26 16:17:07 CET 2006

Jani Hakala <jahakala <at> cc.jyu.fi> writes:

> Mikle <sign1024_3 <at> mail.ru> writes:
>
> > Eshell V5.5.2  (abort with ^G)
> > 1> gen_tcp:listen(0,[]).
> > {error,enotsock}
> > 2>
>
> > What can I do to run Erlang properly?
> > How to troubleshoot this problem?
> >
> I guess you are using windows xp.
>
> You should read this posting:
>  http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-December/024418.html
>
> Jani Hakala

Thank you for quick reply.

Unfortunately I have Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with latest security updates.
Also I have installed firewall and antivirus, since it is and absolute
must have in modern Internet and Intranet networks.
Machine is virus and adware free.
All other programs that use tcp/ip are functioning properly.

I have carefully read the link You proposed and all I have
find that the same problem is also under Windows XP SP2 and it
have no solution.

So is Erlang language working or it have critical unfixable bug?