[erlang-questions] Keep multiple erlang releases in the same mechine

Sanjaya Vitharana sanjaya@REDACTED
Fri Dec 15 06:18:01 CET 2006

> /opt/erlang/R10B-9
> /opt/erlang/R11B-1
> /opt/erlang/R11B-2
> and also create a link to the most recent release:
>
> ln -s /opt/erlang/R11B-2 /opt/erlang/current

Thanks Serge ...... this seems good for me too. But what about the ERL_TOP
???

> Then the programs such as /usr/local/bin/erl can be pointed to:
>
> /opt/erlang/current/bin/erl
>
> etc.

means .... all the ERL_BASE_PUB_FILES (in Makefile) should repoint to
/opt/erlang/current/bin/<program file>. Is it ?

> Whenever you need to switch between releases you repoint
> /opt/erlang/current to a different directory underneath /opt/erlang.
>
> Perhaps others use different approaches but this one works well for us.
>
> Regards,
>
> Serge
>

> Sanjaya Vitharana wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > How to keep multiple erlang releases (R11B-2, R10B-10, R10B-8, ...etc)
in the same mechine ??? i.e Install, Compile code with different releases
and running the right executable. Are there any place to get more
information related to this ??