[erlang-questions] Why is Erlang what it is?

Kirill Zaborski qrilka@REDACTED
Thu Dec 14 12:21:07 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Mats Cronqvist <mats.cronqvist@REDACTED> wrote:

> Kirill Zaborski wrote:
> > OK, so now meaningful reply from Erlang people.
>
>   i assume you mean "no" instead of "now".

of course

  i'm a bit confused about what you might consider "meaningful". what i
> tried
> to express was that from ericsson's perspective, the cost of introducing
> typing
> (huge) is much higher than the perceived benefits (unclear).
>   imo, the only thing that could change this is compelling evidence that
> typing
> would improve ericsson's products.

so there were no such evidence shown?
And I'm sorry about "no meaningful" it's a bit insulting, but Ulf have given
quite a good answer.
And about Prof. Wadler's work - I'll consult him directly

  mats