[erlang-questions] Orber: struct IFR id not found

Dominic Williams xpdoka@REDACTED
Wed Dec 13 15:44:35 CET 2006

Hi Nick,

> You need to register the module in the IFR

Thanks, that did the trick. Interesting that I got by so far without
registering!

> I recommend that you use the IC compile flag 'light_ifr' and activate
> Light IFR when starting Orber. On the server side you can change the code
> to ({flags, 16#0080} activates light IFR):

OK, but I'd like to understand what I'm doing. What is the lightweight IFR,
and what are the consequences of using it? From the documentation I thought
it might apply to the client side, but where's the motivation? And what
does that
server-side flag mean? The documentation says you can't create local objects
with a lightweight IFR, so I didn't think it applied to servers...

Regards,

Dominic Williams
http://www.dominicwilliams.net

----