Erlang downsides?

Claes Wikstom klacke@REDACTED
Thu Aug 31 21:36:50 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> The regexp module in Erlang is slow because it's a simple
> implementation and it doesn't cache compiled regular expressions. It
> also doesn't support modern regex features that you get with Perl or
> Python, making it even less attractive.

The amount of whining regarding erlang regexp support on this list
is staggering. I wrote a proper linked in driver interface to
all of posix regular expressions. It's here:

http://yaws.hyber.org/download/posregex-1.0.tgz

Go get. It should be equal in speed to other implementations
in other langs.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control