Noob - Getting Started Infinte Loop?

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Thu Aug 31 10:50:05 CEST 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 6:54 AM, fbg111 wrote:

> ke han wrote:
>>
>> I always write code that has good spacing / formatting both for
>> readability and to ensure I never hit any potential edge/corner cases
>> of the compile toolchain.
>>

> Thanks, I'll use your suggestions, especially if this is what other
> Erlang
> coders expect.  What are edge/corner cases, though?  Situtations where
> spacing causes the compiler to interpret code differently?

I don't know what cases might be interpreted different than the
programmer intended.  I have a long standing practice in all
programming languages to write highly readable code..I therefore
never hit on errors related to code style.  My guess is that erlang's
parse tools are much more refined than many other implementations in
other languages.  So don't let me scare you by thinking there are
some issues to worry about.  But not putting spaces on either side of
a | or a ! is very hard for a guy like me to read regardless of what
erlang thinks ;-).

ke han