Introducing ErlyDB: The Erlang Twist on Database Abstraction

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 23:32:25 CEST 2006

> Or better, to call it at compile time. The simple way is to use Ulf
> Wiger's contribution from trapexit "parse transform to evaluate code
> at compile time" or something like that.

Interesting. I'll take a look.

> If you have a process using the old definitions that is running when
> the schema is updated, it might crash. Hopefully it is only a
> transient process.

In my app, it will probably be a process holding a connection to a
user's browser. I think letting a few users take a temporary hit is
better than taking the whole system offline. :)

Thanks for the pointers

Best,
Yariv