Introducing ErlyDB: The Erlang Twist on Database Abstraction

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 22:22:27 CEST 2006

Thanks for the thoughts. I think these are very valid points. It
wouldn't be hard to hack Smerl into just spitting out the BEAM files
to a directory. This way, all new app code can be deployed at once.

However -- it should possible to use ErlyDB without taking the system
offline if all schema changes are non-destructive. You would first
update the schema, then call erlydb:code_gen, then load the new
application modules. This way, everything should work. I haven't tried
it, though :)

Best,
Yariv