Dynamic languages are the future

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 16:18:38 CEST 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 6:13 PM, Mats Cronqvist wrote:

> Richard Carlsson wrote:
>> Erlang _is_ a concurrent, nondestructive Lisp with
>> a Prolog-inspired syntax that focuses on pattern matching and rules.
>
>   i nominate this to joe's "erlang in 5 seconds" competition.

yes, well said Richard!!   This may work since I think there was
mention that the target audience was Smalltalk-ers?
But, I am absolutely amazed at how many "20-something" programmers
I've interviewed in the last two years that gave me a blank stare
when you ask them if the've tried Prolog or Lisp.  That is, they
haven't just not tried it, they've never heard of it.  To add further
insult to this statement, these candidates all had master's degrees
in CS from China's most prestigious schools... oops  ;-)

ke han