Erlang on Solaris x86

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 10:46:14 CEST 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 7:00 AM, ke han wrote:

> BTW, I TextDrive might sell you containers on their Niagra servers
> as well as what they currently advertise for their Opteron ones.  I
> sent a few rounds of email with one of their sales people on this.

Is there a particular advantage to the Niagara servers with Erlang?
Is this tried and true or just hypothetical?

> My only problem was I can get more horsepower from my own dedicated
> server than with the current pricing on the TextDrive containers

How did you figure this out? I looked at serverbeach.com and for 250/
mo you get a bare server. Do you mean that it starts to become
expensive as you scale up?

I'm also trying to find a contact at Amazon to get on the EC2 beta.
For 70/mo per virtual server that would be ideal! Anyone with contacts?

> (there are obviously other benefits to their container solution
> than raw horsepower of your own dedicated server

What are the advantages that you see?

> but I was worried about their cost structure as my app needed more
> resource).

You mean 250 + 250 + 250? They do seem to take care of load-balancing
for you, I think, if you have multiple containers.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/