erlrt + yaws = error?

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Tue Aug 29 23:40:11 CEST 2006

On 8/29/06, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:19 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
> > REPOS does not support Darwin/x86,
>
> This seems rather arbitrary. Mickael, can I help?

It is rather arbitrary... Even if REPOS did support Darwin/x86,
erlrt's build script strips all symbols from all executables. If there
was a Darwin/x86 setuid_drv with REPOS' yaws you still wouldn't be
able to use it with erlrt unless you patch the build script to not
strip or to use strip -S and recompile.

I sent some patches a few weeks ago, but I don't think anything has
happened. The source version of erlrt also doesn't seem to include the
scripts to generate the bootstrap shell script.

FYI, if you configure yaws embedded, you'll skip any code path that
depends on setuid_drv, and it will work with erlrt as-is... Given the
two or three days I wasted trying to get that stuff to work, I can't
recommend bothering just yet until these issues get resolved.

-bob