Smalltalk <-> erlang

Joe Armstrong (TN/EAB) joe.armstrong@REDACTED
Mon Aug 28 14:38:29 CEST 2006

Absolutly.

Is it possible to rip out the squeak graphical backend and bolt it onto
Erlang?

Then reimplement the low-levels of the GUI in Erlang?

I had a brief look at Squeak and this looked possible :-)

/Joe

________________________________

	From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of
Dietmar.Schaefer@REDACTED
	Sent: den 25 augusti 2006 08:24
	To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
	Subject: Smalltalk <-> erlang

	I just got a deja vu !

	When I dicovered Smalltalk about 20 years ago  I found it the
	most advanced (oo) programming environment and language.

	When I discovered erlang about 3 years ago I found it the most
	fault tolerant (etc.) programming environment and language.

	 My idea was to  combine the best of both worlds -> write GUI
stuff in
	Smalltalk ; write the rest (server ) in erlang.

	Dietmar

	DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
	Center Langen
	Am DFS-Campus 1