Format for our tutorials

Romain Lenglet rlenglet@REDACTED
Sat Aug 26 13:24:34 CEST 2006

Logan, Martin wrote:
> It would also be nice to display the author information in all
> HowTo tutorials imported to
> http://wiki.trapexit.org/index.php/Category:HowTo from the old
> trapexit.org site.  This information is embedded in the XML
> files, but not currently displayed in the HTML pages.

In addition, don't forget to make the license information clear.
If the author(s) publish something under a specific license (GPL,
EPL, BSD, etc.), this license information must be made explicit.

By the way, I remark that almost NO code snippet on TrapExit is
published under a Free Software license. As a consequence,
almost NO code from this web site is practically reusable.
I have notably found lacking a license:
- all code in the "User Contributions" section, except Ulf
Wiger's "ct_expand" transformation module,
- Joe Armstrong's "Example Erlang Programs".

Please, authors, distribute your code and documentation under a
Free Software license, and make it explicit. Otherwise, reusing
such code is a copyright violation, wether the author desires it
or not. If you don't desire that, choose a license and make it
explicit, for every piece of code.

Thanks!

--
Romain LENGLET