Erlang Scheduler

lang er erlangist@REDACTED
Fri Aug 25 05:52:26 CEST 2006

Hi!
Are there any documents describing Erlang Scheduler's internal?
I googled Erlang Scheduler and only get one post in this list by Ulf Wiger
(http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200104/msg00072.html).
I have one question. In a C program, if I want to do some work may be
blocked, I can start an OS thread .So other thread(main thread) will
continue its work.
In Erlang(not smp), If one process is doing some blocking work,  Will the
whole Erlang  emulator  be blocked?
For example, if I use blocking socket, or do some CPU-intensive computing ,
can Erlang preempt such process? How to deal with this situation?

Thanks !
James