qt4 bindings?

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Aug 19 15:02:10 CEST 2006

> Are there any url for these benchmarks?
>
> 2006/8/18, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED>:
>>
>> My impression from past benchmarks is that message passing over TCP
>> loopback is pretty well optimized - little more than a memcopy.
>>
>> BR,
>> Ulf W

No, they were from an Ericsson-internal project benchmarking distributed
erlang using VIA. The results were a bit flawed due to the fact that we
couldn't find a VIA-enabled ethernet card for our boxes.

It turned out that distr erlang over TCP loopback was about as fast as
over VIA loopback. The explanation given was that TCP loopback is
difficult to beat, as it only checks a few headers and then basically does
a memcopy. VIA without hardware support couldn't do much better.

BR,
Ulf W