Objective-C and runtime type inspection

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Aug 17 21:50:56 CEST 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 8:38 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> We use libffi for that. The version in the PyObjC repository is
> patched to work on Mac OS X Intel (I don't think the official one
> supports that yet).

I'll take a look when I get to this.

> What about a pointer to a structure, output structures, input/
> output structures?

Don't know yet. Output and input/output structures are a chunk of
memory, a binary. There's of course no way in Erlang to know the size
of the chunk before making it.

I'm open to suggestions.

> The networking overhead is going to be irrelevant for the most part.
> None of the messages in a typical Cocoa app are big unless they're
> creating NSBitmapImageRep from memory or something. I'd make it a
> C-node personally.

Ok, I'll go with that. It can be made a driver later on, if needed.
Question, though...

How do you make this work as a bundled app? Run erlang like Wings3D
does and then fork off the c-node?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/