Objective-C and runtime type inspection

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc@REDACTED
Thu Aug 17 19:15:38 CEST 2006

what structures?  There _are_ no structures to inspect... All you have
is an opaque object reference that you can then send messages to.

Objective C is more like smalltalk than C++/Java/etc.  You cannot mess
with the fields of an object.  They are 100% opaque (technically they
are C structs, but you are asking for trouble to inspect them).

Also, why doesn't your email thread up with the other message?

-ryan