closing the loop on Erlang metaprogramming with Smerl

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Thu Aug 17 06:05:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

It just struck me today that Smerl let you add functions to and remove
functions from modules, but it didn't let you modify existing
functions! I fixed this situation by adding two new functions:
smerl:get_func, which gets the abstract form of a functions, and
smerl:replace_func, which does a smerl:remove_func followed by a
smerl:add_func.

Here are the links again:

direct download:
http://yarivsblog.com/files/smerl.erl

blog posting:
http://yarivsblog.com/articles/2006/08/14/smerl-simple-metaprogramming-for-erlang

follow up:
http://yarivsblog.com/articles/2006/08/16/closing-the-loop-on-erlang-metaprogramming-with-smerl

I think this pretty much concludes the development of Smerl. I want to
keep Smerl simple, so any additional metaprogramming features would
belong in higher-level libraries.

If you have any thoughts, problems or suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks
Yariv